Sunday 4 December 2011

When realization dawned

I wonder why it took so long for this to cross my mind. Anyway, better late than never.


When I wrote the reason for starting this blog in my First Post yesterday, somehow, it didn't strike me that the whole purpose of a blog is different from what I thought then. Isn't a blog supposed to be a platform where one can put down one's own thoughts? If I have to share stuff, there is always Facebook, Twitter, the to-be-discontinued Google Buzz, or for that matter, even Google+. Why waste a blog for that? 


This feeling was probably nagging at the back of my mind, because as I write this post, I feel a sense of exhilaration. And now that I'm clear about this, I would hopefully write something soon. 


P.S : I don't have anything against Google+, as my phrase about Google+ might have indicated. It is just that it is not as popular as Facebook, yet. Since I started about Google+ let me add this. Personally, I don't see Google+ occupying Facebook's position in the near future. A few years from now, maybe, given the history of social networking, but not any sooner. Every person I know on Facebook has built his/her empire (if I may use that word) there, complete with friends, posts, photos and videos acquired over the years. It's not easy to migrate to a new world. After all, these sites are our virtual worlds. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. I quite agree with you kavya... I am usually on fb.. If ever I open Google+ it is probably when I see the Buzz no when I open my gmail account.. or probably when I want to see the nice status updates and posts from you... I don't know when Google+ would be more appealing than fb.. but I can say it would take a long time...

    ReplyDelete